We will do this if we have failed to reach you about the payment of your debt in Denmark.
Frequently asked questions about debt collection abroad
What are the consequences for me when you use a private debt collector?
If we use a private debt collector, you will be liable to pay a share of the costs that we consider reasonable. This includes costs for the following:
- searching for your contact information
- sending a letter setting out the debt to be paid
- performing debt collection by telephone
- setting up an instalment payment plan
- issuing a payment reminder regarding non-payment of instalments
- other reasonable measures and any commission
How will you spend my payment?
Your payment will first be spent on costs, and then to write down your debt.
How do I pay my debt when I live abroad?
If you are in doubt about how to pay your debt when you live abroad, you can find more information on the page How to pay your debt.
You can read more about debt collection abroad through a private debt collector in our Danish-language legal guide, section G.A.184.108.40.206 on collection of Danish claims abroad in the absence of an international agreement, which you will find in Danish at www.skat.dk/juridiskvejledning